- 1. I want to learn English, what can I do?
- 2. Can I book a language assessment test?
- 3. Can the Welcome Centre help with my citizenship application?
Staff at the Welcome Centres can guide you through your application, but will not be able to fill in the forms for you.
- 4. I need to renew my PR card, can Welcome Centre help?
Our Counsellors are happy to meet with you in person and answer your questions in this regard. They will provide necessary information for you to renew your PR card.
- 5. I need help with my income tax return. Can you help?
During tax season, there is a free income tax return service once you register with a Welcome Centre. We need to ask some questions to determine eligibility and transfer the call to the person in charge of the service at the specific Welcome Centre.
- 6. Are visitors eligible for your language courses?
Welcome Centres cannot accept clients who are visitors.
- 7. I need to report my absence from a language class.
We will ask you for required information (name, teacher’s name, level, location, contact number) then will report your absence on your behalf.
- 8. I booked an appointment, but forget time and location, can you help?
We will try our best to find the appointment by asking a few questions like what kind of appointment it is, the name of the counsellor and your status, name, location, and phone number.
- 9. How can I book an appointment at a Welcome Centre
Simply call 1-877-761-1155 and our staff will be happy to set up an appointment for eligible individuals.
- 10. Can you do document translations? Is it free?
Welcome Centres do not provide free document translation. We can refer you to an appropriate service (fees may apply for that service).
- 11. Can you help me find a location for CET (CLARS)?
It is on the North side of Highway 7, between Lesile and Bayview, right on Valleymede Dr. It’s within the Doncrest Plaza, you need to go through the Mall Entrance and CLARS is on the second floor.
- 12. How do I access an enhanced language training program?
The internationally-trained applicants for this program must be permanent residents and have a minimum of level 6 at CLB. Plus, they need to have related background experience from back home and to take part in the intake interview.
- 13. I renewed my PR card and haven't heard back. I need to go back to my home country, what do I do?
- 14. Do you have any locations in Toronto?
Our locations are in York and Durham Regions. Visit our contact page for details.
- 15. I moved and want to change location for language classes, what should I do?
You can call 1-855-330-8655, the language assessment centre, and they will be able to help you.
- 16. Can I register at one Centre, then go to another?
You can visit any of our Centres. Visit our contact page for details.
- 17. I do not have any status in Canada, how can you help me?
You are always welcome to visit a Welcome Centre Resource Area in order to use the computers to find more information. For Durham residents, we can book an appointment in Ajax or Pickering for you.
- 18. My child needs to go to school, what should I do?
We can transfer your call to a Reception Centre ... call us at 1-877-761-1155.
- 19. What kind of housing services do you provide? Can you help us find a home to rent?
We provide Housing Services at the Welcome Centres. In York Region, if you are a registered client, we can book you directly with the Housing Services provider; if you are not registered, we will connect you with a Case Manager. Either way, call 1-866-761-1155 to make arrangements. In Durham, please call 905-686-2661, Extension 106/107.
- 20. Can we be referred to a Notary Public in York Region by the Welcome Centre?
We do not offer Notary Public Services inside Welcome Centres. You can use a search engine (like Google) to find them.
- 21. How do I apply for day care?
- 22. Can the Welcome Centre put me in direct contact with employers, and find me a job?
Welcome Centres will not find a job for you, but will help in the process of getting employment. The Centres offer programs and services specifically for job seekers. Visit our Employment Services page for more information.