Markham North Welcome Centre
Posted by Job Skills
Resumes may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line.
Deadline to apply is June 2, 2017
Who we are: A non-profit, charitable organization, dedicated to enhancing people’s capacity to participate in the labour market.
What we need: A positive, client-oriented individual who:
- Will be responsible for clerical and data entry support for the Welcome Centre
- Will provide reception duties, communicating efficiently and effectively with internal and external customers
- Professionally answers all incoming calls within three rings, positively and warmly, and forwards to appropriate staff.
- Greets all visitors with superior customer service skills, welcomes them to the Centre and determines the purpose of their visit
What you will do: Support the Markham North Welcome Centre by:
- Providing general information and an overall description of the services available at the Welcome Centre to walk-in clients
- Booking client appointments and reconfirmed scheduled appointments daily
- Maintaining a professional work area
- Maintaining visitor/event log ins, updates staff extension list and client sign in logs
- Directing clients to the Customer Service Satisfaction Survey and asks them to complete it
- With attention to detail, ensuring the WC is maintained, all information on display is current and properly copied and in general looks to the overall appearance of the Centre
- Sharing in the responsibility of meeting room set-up and tear down including configuration of tables/seating, refreshments and IT needs
- Performing the required steps to open and close the Welcome Centre on a daily basis
- Handling the arrangements for incoming and outbound courier deliveries
- Demonstrating accuracy and completeness of data entry with strong attention to detail
- Preparing and maintaining accurate weekly statistical reports
- Providing administrative support to event-related activities.
- Providing administrative assistance to Job Skills Staff based at the Welcome Centre, as needed
- Handing out and compiling new client packages, replenishes as needed
- Scanning and storing client files and related information
- Performing other clerical duties such as filing/photocopying
- Possess strong problem solving skills and the ability to provide alternative solutions to problems as they arise
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible in a dynamic multicultural Centre
- Required to work evenings (Monday and Wednesday, 1:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.) and Saturdays (8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.) with a ½ hour unpaid lunch, when required as backup to part-time position
- Knowledge of and fluency in Mandarin/Cantonese/Arabic is a strong asset
- Proficiency in data entry into multiple systems such as Excel and WC database
- Perform other duties, as required
What you will get: In addition to the satisfaction gained from helping people reach their goals, Job Skills offers a competitive salary and benefits package!
As a Receptionist/Administration with Job Skills, you will work for a high performing organization that is dedicated to assisting individuals in achieving their employment goals. In this role, you will utilize your unique combination of skills and experience to support the administrative and reception functions of the Markham North Welcome Centre.
If you are interested in this employment opportunity, please read on to learn more about Job Skills,
how you can apply to this exciting position and become part our growing Job Skills Team!
Job Skills is a forward thinking, not-for-profit, charitable organization that is constantly developing or implementing new programs to help individuals achieve economic independence. In doing so, we aim to contribute to the economic and social viability of our community. We are ethical, Client-focused, performance-oriented and believe in the personal growth of our Staff, our community and our Clients.
Job Skills is committed to fostering a workplace that is both inclusive and representative of the communities we serve. As a diverse workplace incorporates a variety of backgrounds and perspectives, we believe that being a diverse and inclusive organization is essential to achieving success and Client satisfaction in all Job Skills’ Services and Programs. To meet these objectives, we invite all qualified candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply. Please be advised that accommodation is available upon request.
We thank all applicants, but only those to be interviewed will be contacted. Please indicate the position title in the E-mail subject line and tell us how you learned about this job in your cover letter.